TVS Apache RTR 200 4V – Engine options, top speed, colours & features
The TVS Apache RTR 200 4V has been launched in India in two versions priced between Rs. 88,990 and Rs. 1.07 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The home-grown bikemaker has also confirmed that the carburetor ABS model will join the lineup later this year. Aiming to lure young enthusiasts, the TVS Apache RTR 200 will compete against the bikes like Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and KTM Duke 200.
TVS Apache Engine Specifications - The Apache 200 is powered by a new 197.75cc, single-cylinder,4-valve, oil-cooled SOHC engine that comes with options of a carburetor and electronic fuel injection system. While the carburetor model churns out 20.2bhp at 8,500rpm, the EFI variant offers 20.7bhp. Both the models produce same torque output – i.e. 18.1Nm of torque at 7,000rpm. This makes it one of the most powerful bikes in its segment.
TVS Apache Pickup & Top Speed - Mated to a 5-speed gearbox, the Apache RTR 200 is claimed to return high fuel efficiency with well-controlled NVH levels. The carburetor model accelerates 0-60kmph in 3.95 seconds, and has a top speed of 127kmph. On the other hand, the Apache RTR 200 EFI marks 0-60kmph in 3.9 seconds, maintaining a top speed of 129kmph. Interestingly, both the models take 12 seconds to achieve 0-100kmph.
Braking & Suspension - The new Apache RTR 200 comes with 270mm front and 240mm rear petal-type disc brakes. As far as the suspension system is concerned, the bike gets telescopic forks upfront and adjustable monoshock at rear. Based on double cradle synchro stiff chassis, the Apache 200cc model rides on 90/90 R17 front and 130/70 R17 rear tyres.
Dimensions & Colours - TVS’s new naked sportbike measures 2,050mm in length, 790mm in width and 1,105mm in height, and has a ground clearance of 180mm. The bike comes with a fuel tank capacity of 12-litres. While the carburetor model has a kerb weight of 148kg, the EFI variant weighs 148.5kg. The Apache RTR 200 4V is available in 7 colour options – Black, White, Matte Black, Matte White, Matte Gray, Matte Red and Matte Yellow.
Features - With new headlight cluster, clip-on handlebars, upward riding stance, new alloy wheel design, the new Apache RTR 200 4V looks quite aggressive and sporty. What further enhances its appeal is sporty black finish on the engine, upside down fork with golden metallic colour, fuel tank with extensions, split seats, revised exhaust with twin mufflers and mud guards. There is an all-digital instrument cluster consisting of a tachometer and a large red rev-limiter light.
More from this section
- Diwali 2017 celebrations: From Delhi, Gujarat to Karnataka, watch amazing pictures
- Kolkata inferno: Massive fire breaks out at LIC building in City of Joy; Check out pics
- Modi’s Diwali in Kashmir! PM celebrates festival of lights with soldiers in Gurez; see pictures
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman celebrates Diwali with soldiers in Andaman and Nicobar; see pics
- Yogi Adityanath’s grand Diwali in Ayodhya: From 1.71 lakh diyas to mythical Ram, Sita touch down in chopper, check out spectacular photos
- IISc, IIT Bombay, in world’s top 200 engineering institutions; see big miss by IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur
- Happy Diwali 2017: See breathtaking pictures as people prepare to celebrate the big day
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms