Top 10 business news today: Indra Nooyi, ShopClues, Mercedes Benz SUV Coupe and Gionee Marathon M5 Lite
PepsiCo's CEO Indra Nooyi gifted an amount, which was not made public, to the deanship of the school and inaugurated the Fifth Decade Innovation Fund, the Yale School of Management said.With this gift, Nooyi becomes the “most generous graduate” of Yale School of Management in terms of lifetime giving to the school. (PTI photo)
E-marketplace ShopClues on Tuesday claimed it had entered the $1-billion valuation club, with the latest round of funding from Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC and existing investors Tiger Global Management and Nexus Venture Partners.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Tuesday delivered a subdued set of numbers for the three months to December, anticipated for the most part since the company had sounded a profit warning after the Chennai floods disrupted operations at its office for several days.In rupee terms, TCs revenue was up by 0.7% at Rs 27,364 crore.
Cognizant, the Nasdaq listed firm with a large operation in that city, has reaffirmed meeting its earlier stated revenue guidance for the year 2015. Cognizant has guided to a revenue of $12.41 billion for FY15 – the company follows the January-December fiscal – translating into an annual growth rate of 21%. (Reuters photo)
Seven people from Telangana, including an Axis Bank deputy manager, have been arrested by the cyber crime police in Bengaluru for allegedly hacking into people’s bank accounts using mobile banking apps and stealing money. The accused had hacked Axis Bank’s mobile wallet app LIME and SBI’s Buddy app, said the police. (Reuters photo)
After scaling a 5 year high growth of 9.9% in October, industrial output contracted 3.2% in November 2015, its sharpest drop since October 2011, as one-off factors like an unfavourable base effect due to a shift in the festive calendar and floods in Chennai drove down production.Official data released on Tuesday showed retail inflation inching up to 5.61% in December, its highest since September 2014, marking a fifth straight monthly rise. (Reuters photo)
India’s consumer inflation probably edged up for the fifth straight month in December, driven by higher food prices, complicating the central bank’s task of steering monetary policy at a time of international deflation. (AP photo)
Jet Airways is set to offer special discounted fares for Amsterdam, which is set to become the private carrier’s new European Gateway from March, for a limited period. Under the five-day offer, which can be availed till January 15, Jet Airways has cut ticket prices by up to 16 per cent for both Premier and Economy class passengers travelling to Amsterdam from New Delhi and Mumbai, according to a statement. (AP photo)
Gionee Marathon M5 Lite priced in India at Rs 12,999 launched on Monday. Users can buy the device from Gionee’s India website. Gionee Marathon M5 Lite was initially launched in China with a smaller 4000 mAh battery and a 5-inch screen last month at Yuan 999. (Source: IE)
Luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz India,launched its maiden SUV Coupe, the GLE 450 AMG Coupe, reiterated that if the ban on registration of high-end diesel cars in NCR continues beyond March, it will have to review its business plans in the country. The all new sporty SUV, the GLE 450 AMG Coupe, comes with a 3-liter petrol engine and is pitted against the BMW X4 and X6. The machine is priced at Rs 86.40 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai).
More from this section
- After PM Narendra Modi flags off Mahamana Express in Varanasi, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal takes a ride Indian Railways train, interacts with passengers
- Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM flags off Mahamana Express, inaugurates projects worth over Rs 1000 cr; visits Durga, Tulsi Manas temples
- Delhi rains: Big relief for citizens, showers bring respite from hot, humid weather, temperature plummets
- 5 Indian players who have taken hat-trick in international cricket
- Mahamana Express: 15 facts about ‘luxury’ train connecting PM Modi’s Varanasi to Gujarat’s Vadodara, Surat
- Kim Jong Un calls Trump deranged old man: Here are 5 things to know about North Korea leader’s rebuke of US President
- Bihar TET Result 2017: Teacher Eligibility Test scores declared at bsebonline.net, biharboard.ac.in; visit official website to check
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Day 1, Top 10 mobiles from Samsung, Apple, Lenovo, with best offers, discounts
- In pics: Rahul Gandhi dares Narendra Modi in US, hopes to create ripples in India