Wazir movie: Top 5 points to know about Amitabh Bachchan, Farhan Akhtar starrer
Wazir box office collection: Made at a budget of Rs 35 crore, 'Wazir' has recovered its production cost, read a statement issued on behalf of the filmmakers.
1. Wazir is loosely based on a somewhat popular rule in the game of chess: 'If you find a good move, look for a better one'. Wazir's screenplay (Bejoy Nambiar and Abhijat Joshi) takes the viewers through a gamut of emotions throughout the film.
2. Wazir starts off with the 'musical introduction' of a dynamic ATS officer Danish Ali (Farhan Akhtar), his wife Ruhaana (Aditi Rao Hydari) and their only child Noorie. One day, when Danish is out with his family, he spots a dreaded terrorist Rameez (Naseer Husain). What follows is a series of chase sequences, which results in the death of Noorie. Completely shattered by the death of his child, a mentally disturbed Danish Ali ends up 'eliminating' Rameez, which results in him being suspended from his service.
3. Unable to bear the grief, one day, just as he is about to kill himself, there enters into his life a chess champion named Panditji aka Omkar Nath Dhar (Amitabh Bachchan). He teaches Danish the 'similarities' between the 'game of life' and the 'game of chess'. Gradually, the two become good friends and start spending time over drinks and chess. (Bollywood Hungama)
4. Panditji reveals to Danish that his daughter was murdered by the politician Yazaad Qureshi (Manav Kaul) and that he is waiting to take revenge for the same. Danish joins Panditji in his battle against Qureshi. As days pass, Just when Danish's plans to eliminate Qureshi are about to be implemented, Panditji gets 'attacked' by a mysterious villain named 'Wazir' (Neil Nitin Mukesh). (Bollywood Hungama)
5. What happens at the end is something that turns Danish Ali's world upside down. Who is the real 'Wazir', what happens to Panditji in the end, does Danish Ali become successful in eliminating Qureshi is what forms the rest of the film. (PTI photo)
More from this section
- After PM Narendra Modi flags off Mahamana Express in Varanasi, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal takes a ride Indian Railways train, interacts with passengers
- Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM flags off Mahamana Express, inaugurates projects worth over Rs 1000 cr; visits Durga, Tulsi Manas temples
- Delhi rains: Big relief for citizens, showers bring respite from hot, humid weather, temperature plummets
- 5 Indian players who have taken hat-trick in international cricket
- Mahamana Express: 15 facts about ‘luxury’ train connecting PM Modi’s Varanasi to Gujarat’s Vadodara, Surat
- Kim Jong Un calls Trump deranged old man: Here are 5 things to know about North Korea leader’s rebuke of US President
- Bihar TET Result 2017: Teacher Eligibility Test scores declared at bsebonline.net, biharboard.ac.in; visit official website to check
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Day 1, Top 10 mobiles from Samsung, Apple, Lenovo, with best offers, discounts
- In pics: Rahul Gandhi dares Narendra Modi in US, hopes to create ripples in India