New Maruti Suzuki Cars in India: Auto Expo 2016
“As a consequence, Maruti Suzuki India will have to temporarily suspend manufacture of cars at its facilities in Manesar and Gurgaon, starting second half Monday (May 30),” Maruti Suzuki said in a statement.
Maruti Suzuki Ignis After making its debut at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show last year, the Maruti Suzuki Ignis is now headed for the Indian Auto Expo. Likely to be priced quite aggressively, the Ignis could be launched during this year's festive season. This product from the Indo-Japanse carmaker will take on the Mahindra KUV100.
Maruti Vitara Brezza: Long wait for the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, a sub-compact SUV, will get over at the Auto Expo 2016. With products like Ford EcoSport and Mahindra TUV300 in its sight, this sub-4 metre SUV could be launched at or around the event itself. The Vitara Brezza will be a special made-in-India, made-for-India product since the global Vitara compact SUV is above 4-metres in length.
Maruti Wagon R 7-seater: Maruti Suzuki is also working on a 7-seater version of the Wagon R that will be launched in several developing markets including India. Expected to feature the Swift's 1.2-litre K-series petrol and 1.3-litre multijet diesel units, the WagonR 7 seater will be a direct rival to the Datsun GO+ - the country's first sub-compact MPV.
Maruti Alto 800 facelift & diesel: The Alto 800 that hasn't received a single update ever since its launch in the year 2012, will get its first mid-life facelift this year. The updated model is expected to make its debut at the 2016 Auto Expo. Besides cosmetic changes, the company might also bring in the diesel-powered version of the budget hatchback at the event. The engine will be the same, 793cc, 2-cylinder unit, that powers the Celerio diesel.
Maruti Baleno Boosterjet petrol: After receiving an overwhelming response for the Maruti Suzuki Baleno from buyers across the nation, the company is now planning to bring in a more powerful petrol version of the car. The new version will feature a new 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, 'Boosterjet' petrol unit that develops 112bhp and 175Nm. With such power figures, the Baleno Boosterjet will become more powerful than both of its closest rivals - Hyundai i20 and Honda Jazz. This too is expected to make its debut at the Expo.
More from this section
- China targeting another island in South China Sea? See pics
- US Navy to launch fleet-wide probe after USS John McCain collision; see pics
- Delhi IGI Airport Terminal 2: From October 2017, use this revamped swanky T2 for domestic flights
- Screenwars this Friday, 10 films set for release, from Babumoshai, Qaidi Band to Terminator 3D, check out full list
- Solar Eclipse: Ten stunning images from the celestial event
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Wonder-struck, millions watch total eclipse as moon blanks out sun, rings in darkness in middle of morning; watch photos
- Chandigarh flood: Heavy rain overwhelms city infra, causes 3-km long traffic jams; waist high water in many areas
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau attends India Day parade in Montreal; see pics
- London’s iconic Big Ben to go silent for repairs until 2021; see pics