New Maruti Suzuki Cars in India: Auto Expo 2016
“As a consequence, Maruti Suzuki India will have to temporarily suspend manufacture of cars at its facilities in Manesar and Gurgaon, starting second half Monday (May 30),” Maruti Suzuki said in a statement.
Maruti Suzuki Ignis After making its debut at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show last year, the Maruti Suzuki Ignis is now headed for the Indian Auto Expo. Likely to be priced quite aggressively, the Ignis could be launched during this year's festive season. This product from the Indo-Japanse carmaker will take on the Mahindra KUV100.
Maruti Vitara Brezza: Long wait for the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, a sub-compact SUV, will get over at the Auto Expo 2016. With products like Ford EcoSport and Mahindra TUV300 in its sight, this sub-4 metre SUV could be launched at or around the event itself. The Vitara Brezza will be a special made-in-India, made-for-India product since the global Vitara compact SUV is above 4-metres in length.
Maruti Wagon R 7-seater: Maruti Suzuki is also working on a 7-seater version of the Wagon R that will be launched in several developing markets including India. Expected to feature the Swift's 1.2-litre K-series petrol and 1.3-litre multijet diesel units, the WagonR 7 seater will be a direct rival to the Datsun GO+ - the country's first sub-compact MPV.
Maruti Alto 800 facelift & diesel: The Alto 800 that hasn't received a single update ever since its launch in the year 2012, will get its first mid-life facelift this year. The updated model is expected to make its debut at the 2016 Auto Expo. Besides cosmetic changes, the company might also bring in the diesel-powered version of the budget hatchback at the event. The engine will be the same, 793cc, 2-cylinder unit, that powers the Celerio diesel.
Maruti Baleno Boosterjet petrol: After receiving an overwhelming response for the Maruti Suzuki Baleno from buyers across the nation, the company is now planning to bring in a more powerful petrol version of the car. The new version will feature a new 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, 'Boosterjet' petrol unit that develops 112bhp and 175Nm. With such power figures, the Baleno Boosterjet will become more powerful than both of its closest rivals - Hyundai i20 and Honda Jazz. This too is expected to make its debut at the Expo.
More from this section
- Kolkata inferno: Massive fire breaks out at LIC building in City of Joy; Check out pics
- Modi’s Diwali in Kashmir! PM celebrates festival of lights with soldiers in Gurez; see pictures
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman celebrates Diwali with soldiers in Andaman and Nicobar; see pics
- Yogi Adityanath’s grand Diwali in Ayodhya: From 1.71 lakh diyas to mythical Ram, Sita touch down in chopper, check out spectacular photos
- IISc, IIT Bombay, in world’s top 200 engineering institutions; see big miss by IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur
- Happy Diwali 2017: See breathtaking pictures as people prepare to celebrate the big day
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms
- Nanmoku – Japan’s ‘vanishing village’ looks to Shinzo Abe’s LDP for survival; take a look