Finance Minister Arun Jaitley releases Govt of India calendar 2016; ‘national agenda’ highlighted
Union Minister Arun Jaitley today released the Government of India Calendar 2016, which seeks to put the spotlight on the 'national priorities and agenda' of the Narendra Modi government. The calendar, through pictures and messages, represents the myriad developmental themes whose repeated emphasis highlights "what our national priority and national agenda is", Arun Jaitley said in a brief speech. "But, then, in the calender of development, there is never a last date. That's an ongoing process. I hope, all those who get the calender, particularly our elected representatives, also realise the power of the message of development," he added. The calendar highlights the flagship schemes of the BJP government -- from skill development, Digital India and Smart City programmes to the Jan Dhan initiative.
With the theme ‘Vikas ki Nayi Udaan’ the Calendar highlights various developmental schemes launched by Government of India. It centers on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao , Mudra Yojna ,Smart cities, PMKYV, Jan Dhan Yojna, Digital India, Health, Power and Employment for all , farmers’ welfare, port-led development. The Calendar 2016 ends with Ashtalakshmi that lays stress on development in the North East. The Department of Posts is responsible for distribution of the Calendar across the country.
A month wise list of the development themes highlighted by the Calander 2016 is as follows:
January month displays dream of creating livable and sustainable Smart Cities. The mission was launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Sh. Narendra Modi on 25th June 2015.
February month is based on theme of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao for survival, protection & education of the girl child. The programme was launched in Panipat by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Sh Narendra Modi on 22nd January 2015.
March month depicts the encouragement being given to small entrepreneurs through Scheme of Mudra. Mudra Yojana was launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Sh Narendra Modi on 8th April 2015.
April month speaks about skill development among youth through Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. PMKSY is a demand-driven, reward-based skill training scheme which will incentivise skill training by providing financial rewards to candidates who successfully complete approved skill training programmes
May month shows importance being given to Healthcare facilities where thrust is on optimally utilising every rupee spent on Healthcare.
Empowerment of Poor through Jan-dhan Yojana is the theme of June month. Launching the yojana on 28th August 2014 the Prime Minister had referred to the ancient Sanskrit verse: Sukhasya Moolam Dharma, Dharmasya Moolam Artha, Arthasya Moolam Rajyam – which puts the onus on the state to involve people in economic activity.
July highlights the dream of Digital India aimed at combining mobile services with E-banking
August month talks about Electrification of Villages within specified time limit.
September month talks about Employment opportunities for all.
October month shows the important place that farmers have in Indian Society and highlights concern of government for farmers.
November month speaks about giving thrust to development by developing Port Infrastructure. Sagarmala project is the key highlight.
December month highlights the focus given to development of North-eastern areas.
More from this section
- India vs Australia 2017 Live Streaming 3rd ODI: When and where to watch the match live online, TV Coverage
- Kolkata gets ready for Durga Puja; check out City of Joy’s some unique pandal themes
- Delhi drenched in rain, overnight showers to keep weekend pleasant; check out images
- 10 Bollywood movies you didn’t know were selected for Oscars from India
- Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM lays foundation for toilet under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan; see pictures
- After PM Narendra Modi flags off Mahamana Express, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal takes a ride on the train, interacts with passengers
- Narendra Modi Varanasi visit: PM flags off Mahamana Express, inaugurates projects worth over Rs 1000 cr; visits Durga, Tulsi Manas temples
- Delhi rains: Big relief for citizens, showers bring respite from hot, humid weather, temperature plummets
- 5 Indian players who have taken hat-trick in international cricket