Rahul Gandhi speech on Narendra Modi: Top 5 points to note
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi today took pot shots at Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing a meeting of block and district level party leaders in Guwahati in the run-up to the 2016 Assam Assembly election. Here are the top 5 points to note:
1. Rahul Gandhi on Narendra Modi: PM "...can only give speeches...like a balloon which only bounces."
2. Rahul Gandhi on Narendra Modi: "The Gujarat model has failed. Congress was victorious in the (local) elections there."
3. Rahul Gandhi on Narendra Modi: "It is because Narendra Modi's model has failed that a big agitation has been launched by a community (Patels) in Gujarat."
4. Rahul Gandhi on Narendra Modi: "India thought 'acche din' (good days) will come as promised by Modi before the elections, but after losing the Bihar poll, he does not mention a word about it."
5. Rahul Gandhi on Narendra Modi: The Prime Minister had called Lalu Prasad Yadav and Nitish Kumar 'bewakuf' (foolish). "Are we bewakufs too? Bihar will be repeated in Assam."
More from this section
- Heavy artillery on display as Russia, Belarus go all guns at Zapad wargame 2017; see pics
- Kolkata welcomes Durga Puja with kilometre long Alpona; see stunning photos
- Hyderabad Metro rail to begin services from November! Check out 10 cool facts and images
- Shubho Mahalaya! Bengalis gear up for Durga Pujo; see pics
- Russia’s biggest war games since 2013 that have rattled the West
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphones now available with this massive price cut, cashback offer too
- CEE Kerala declares allotment result 2017 for LLB course; check cee.kerala.gov.in for latest update
- JNU Admission 2018: Registration open on official website at jnu.ac.in, apply latest by October 31
- Flipkart Big Billion Day sale: Top smartphones priced under Rs 5,000; From Sansui, iVoomi to Xolo, here is what is on offer