Shah Rukh Khan earnings at Rs 257.5 crore, beats Salman Khan to top 2015 Forbes India ‘Celebrity 100 List’
1. Shah Rukh Khan net worth has soared in 2015 with an estimated earnings of Rs 257.5 crore and close friend Salman Khan earnings are not far either, albeit SRK has stolen the crown to become India's No. 1 celebrity in 2015.
2. At 50, Shah Rukh Khan tops the Forbes India 'Celebrity 100 List'. Having slipped to No. 3 last year, he has wrested the coveted No. 1 position on the list back from Salman Khan who has dropped to the No. 2 slot this year with Rs 202.75 cr in earnings.
3. Shah Rukh Khan’s earnings are estimated at Rs 257.5 crore, the highest ever any celebrity has made in the four-year history of the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list. In fact, his earnings make up as much as 9 percent of the total wealth of the top 100 celebrities this year — Rs 2,819 crore.
4. Amitabh Bachchan slips to No. 3 (from No. 2 last year) with earnings of Rs 112 crore while cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni maintains his rank at No. 4 with Rs 119.33 crore.
5. While the Forbes India Rich List focuses on net worth, the Celebrity 100 list is arrived at by measuring money (earnings estimates) and fame. The list includes movie actors, television stars, sportspersons, authors, ﬁlm directors, music directors, singers and stand-up comedians. Their gross pre-tax earnings are combined with their 'fame scores' to arrive at the Forbes India Celebrity 100 List. On the 'fame' rankings, Shah Rukh Khan still lags behind at No. 4. Here, Amitabh Bachchan reigns at No 1. With more than 18 million followers on Twitter, the highest-ever for any celebrity on our list, the 73-year-old icon is setting higher benchmarks every day.
6. Forbes India 'Celebrity 100 List' this year has thrown up a few surprises. Notable among them is actor Aamir Khan, who makes it to the top five for the first time. He is at Number 5 on the list this year. The superhit movie PK and revenues from brand endorsements helped him rake in an estimated Rs 104.25 crore, his highest in the last four years. It’s an increase of 145 percent to the amount he earned in 2012.
7. On the other hand, Alia Bhatt and Madhuri Dixit have moved up the list despite not having any movie release in the time period under consideration (October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015). Their rise on the list is entirely due to earnings from brand endorsements and their 'fame' quotient.
8. Forbes India 'Celebrity 100 List' this year has also witnessed a few who jumped ranks and moved up considerably higher in just one year. Among the top 3 Celebrity 100 List rank gainers are Dhanush (who moved up 41 ranks) and is at Number 37, Rohit Sharma and Allu Arjun (both moved up 38 ranks) and are at Number 12 and Number 42 respectively.
9. Forbes India 'Celebrity 100 List' has 14 debutants, among them cricketer Ravichandran Ashwin, who comes in straight at No 31. Meanwhile, filmmaker SS Rajamouli and actor Prabhas make it to the list due to the monster hit Baahubali.
10. There were more dropouts this year on Forbes India 'Celebrity 100 List' though; 19 celebs lost their ranks on the Celebrity 100 list for 2015. Notable names like Sanjay Leela Bhansali, AR Murugadoss and Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy moved out of the list in 2015.
More from this section
- US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis visits India, first cabinet-level visit to India from Trump administration, see pics
- Mukesh Ambani tops, but Patanjali chief Acharya Balkrishna with Rs 70,000 cr, D-Mart chief Radhakishan Damani are the real eye-ball grabbers in Hurun rich list
- Rahul Gandhi Gujarat visit: From bullock cart campaign to drinking tea from a bowl, here is what Congress VP did during roadshow
- Kolkata Durga Puja pandal recreates Bahubali’s Mahismati Kingdom; check out stunning images
- Awesome! 22 kg gold saree for Goddess Durga in a London themed Kolkata pandal; take a look at gorgeous images
- President Ramnath Kovind offers prayers at Kedarnath temple, prays for India’s prosperity; see photos
- India vs Australia highlights 3rd ODI: Steve Smith’s side finally shows fight, but still ends up short of 300; Easy pickings for Virat Kohli and co
- Kuldeep Yadav: Top 7 interesting facts about India’s latest bowling sensation
- Narendra Modi Mann Ki Baat: Top 10 quotes by PM on third anniversary of his radio programme