7th Pay Commission on pay, pension: From minimum to maximum salary, top 8 points to ponder
The 7th Pay Commission on pay, pension and allowances of government servants expects a huge outgo and analysts have raised flags of their own - from red to green. Some say it is going to boost inflation to new highs as bureaucrats will hit the markets to shop-till-they-drop, others are saying it will be a booster shot for the industry, which has been hit by a slowdown. Be that as it may, we look here at the top financial implications and impact points of the 7th Pay Commission report:
1. 7th Pay Commission on pay, pension - minimum pay, based on the Dr Wallace Aykroyd formula (nutrition), the minimum pay in government is recommended to be set at Rs 18,000 per month.
2. 7th Pay Commission on pay, pension: The total impact of the Commission‟s recommendations are expected to entail an increase of 0.65 percentage points in the ratio of expenditure on (Pay+Allowances+ Pension) to GDP compared to 0.77 percent in case of VI CPC.
3. 7th Pay Commission on pay, pension: The total financial impact in the FY 2016-17 is likely to be Rs 1,02,100 crore, over the expenditure as per the “Business As Usual” scenario.
4. 7th Pay Commission on pay, pension: Of this, the increase in pay would be Rs 39,100 crore, increase in allowances would be Rs 29,300 crore and increase in pension would be Rs 33,700 crore.
5. 7th Pay Commission on pay, pension: Out of the total financial impact of Rs 1,02,100 crore, Rs 73,650 crore will be borne by the General Budget and Rs 28,450 crore by the Railway Budget.
6. 7th Pay Commission on pay, pension: In percentage terms the overall increase in pay & allowances and pensions over the 'Business As Usual' scenario will be 23.55 percent.
7. 7th Pay Commission on pay, pension: Within this, the increase in pay will be 16 percent, increase in allowances will be 63 percent, and increase in pension would be 24 percent.
8. 7th Pay Commission on pay, pension - maximum Pay: Rs 2,25,000 per month for Apex Scale and Rs 2,50,000 per month for Cabinet Secretary and others presently at the same pay level. Recommended Date of implementation: 01.01.2016.
More from this section
- Diwali 2017 celebrations: From Delhi, Gujarat to Karnataka, watch amazing pictures
- Kolkata inferno: Massive fire breaks out at LIC building in City of Joy; Check out pics
- Modi’s Diwali in Kashmir! PM celebrates festival of lights with soldiers in Gurez; see pictures
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman celebrates Diwali with soldiers in Andaman and Nicobar; see pics
- Yogi Adityanath’s grand Diwali in Ayodhya: From 1.71 lakh diyas to mythical Ram, Sita touch down in chopper, check out spectacular photos
- IISc, IIT Bombay, in world’s top 200 engineering institutions; see big miss by IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur
- Happy Diwali 2017: See breathtaking pictures as people prepare to celebrate the big day
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms