Google’s LG Nexus 5X priced at Rs 31,999: Top 10 things to note
Google has added two new Nexus smartphones to its portfolio and we take a closer hands-on look at the LG Nexus 5X priced at a starting Rs 31,999 (16 GB) – it was launched in India recently, and as with all things Google, it received instant attention. Here are top 10 things to note about the smartphone: (Text courtesy: IANS)
1. The LG Nexus 5X is probably the lightest of all Nexus smartphones. In fact, the smartphone is extremely light compared to several others in the market. It has a plastic body and that helps in reducing the weight.
2. The LG Nexus 5X is designed to look slimmer than it is. The dual-tone design gives it an elegant look. The simple design of the rear panel also adds to the overall look along with the fingerprint sensor.
3. The LG Nexus 5X comes with an HD display which is protected by Gorilla Glass 3 and there are no real problems with viewing angles. The screen comes with an oleophobic coating to help water drops slide.
4. The LG Nexus 5X packs a 1.82 GhZ hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor, combined with 2 GB of RAM, which makes the 5X a good performer. The smartphone scored just 24 points below the Nexus 6P on Geekbench 3 single core performance which means that it can handle nearly as much load as the 6P.
5. On the LG Nexus 5X multitasking along with Google Now on Tap was smooth and the smartphone did not heat up while gaming for longer durations.
6. The LG Nexus 5X smartphone camera is nearly the same rear camera unit as the Nexus 6P. Pictures taken with the camera were fast, accurate and detailed. Both the cameras were really quick in taking photographs.
7. The LG Nexus 5X also comes with a fingerprint scanner which is very fast and responsive. The phone uses the latest Android Marshmallow operating system (OS) which allows storage of up to five fingerprints along with other features like doze mode, app drawer and Google Now on Tap.
8. Other features on LG Nexus 5X smartphone include GPS-A with GLONASS, NFC, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, along with a host of sensors.
9. LG Nexus 5X smartphone has a 2,700 mAH battery. However, It seemed fine till the time it was taking advantage of Marshmallow's 'doze' mode but on continuous usage drained fast. The good thing is that the phone comes with quick charging.
10. LG Nexus 5X smartphone full specifications: Hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU | 2 GB RAM | 5.2-inch HD display (424 dpi) protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 | Android Marshmallow | 12.3-megapixel rear camera with laser autofocus and dual- LED (dual tone) flash with 1.55µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama | Five-megapixel front camera | 16/32 GB storage | 4G-LTE | Wi-FI | NFC | Bluetooth | 2,700 mAh battery
More from this section
- Narendra Modi in Gujarat: PM launches Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service; see beautiful photos of ferry
- SEE PICS| What happened when Railways Minister Piyush Goyal paid a surprise visit to Kota Jan Shatabdi Express
- Narendra Modi Gujarat visit: PM inaugrates Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service in Bhavnagar; see spectacular photos
- Job notifications you must not miss! From UPSC recruitment 2017 to SBI specialist officers, check list of vacancies
- India pays homage to policemen on Police Commemoration Day; Rajnath Singh lays wreath at Police Memorial; see pictures
- Thailand all set for royal five-day funeral ceremony for its late King Bhumibol Adulyadej; check out stunning pictures
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom