Xiaomi Redmi Note on sale via Flipkart for Rs 8,999
Putting an end to the long wait, the Apple of China, Xiaomi, finally put its Redmi Note smartphone up for sale via its authorized e-tailer site, Flipkart, for Rs 8,999. Redmi Note specifications are user friendly and the smartphone is compatible with GSM as well as WCDMA networks, where one slot supports WCDMA 3G data and the other is for GSM 2G data. It runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system with company's proprietary MIUI v.6 on top.
Display: Xiaomi Redmi Note has a 5.5-inch HD IPS display, having a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels with a density of 267ppi. The 178° in-plane switching (IPS) technology offers consistency in color scheme from any angle, thus providing a vibrant and clear display ideal for playing games, reading ebooks and watching videos. The handset comes in the dimensions of 154mm x 78.7mm x 9.45mm and weighs 199 grams. It is available in White color only, though the company is providing a wide gamut of color options in terms of Redmi Note case – Green, Black, Pink, Dark Blue and Sky Blue.
Battery & Connectivity: Xiaomi Redmi Note is a combination of various latest power management technologies and thus provides its end users a long battery life with mixed amount of usage. The 3,100mAh lithium-polymer battery of the device promises to deliver a whopping time 38 hours on 2G and 14 hours on 3G Internet usage. In terms of connectivity, the mobile phone is supportable with the likes of GPS+AGPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n with Wi-Fi Hotspot, microUSB 2.0 port and 3.5mm audio jack. Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Proximity, Light and Electronic Compass are the sensors provided in the handset.
Multimedia: To make photography momentous, Xiaomi Redmi Note is blessed with a colossal 13MP rear camera that supports 28mm wide-angle lens and f/2.2 aperture that focus in on the desired objects by making the background blurry. Other camera features include LED flash, Zero Shutter lag, HDR mode, Face recognition et al. For selfie crazy generation, Xiaomi has made Redmi Note a selfie smartphone by providing a 5MP front facing camera with HDR, Face Detection, Geo-tagging and Touch to focus features.
Performance: With 1.7GHz octa-core MediaTek MTK 6592 processor, coupled with 2GB of RAM, Redmi Note is claimed to deliver 78% speedier and smoother performance when compared to a quad-core CPU. Based on Cortex A7 architecture, the power consumption and heating effect get reduced to a great extent, as the former assigns tasks to each core individually, thus increasing the life of the device. It also allows the user to run and work on multiple applications simultaneously without affecting the speed or performance of the device. To make the gaming experience better, Redmi Note comes loaded with Mali-450 GPU that delivers 1.4x improved graphical performance in comparison to Mali-400 processor. The inbuilt memory of the smartphone is 8GB with the provision of expandable memory up to 32GB using a microSD card. (Images: PriceDekho)
More from this section
- Rahul Gandhi Gujarat visit: From bullock cart campaign to drinking tea from a bowl, here is what Congress VP did during roadshow
- Kolkata Durga Puja pandal recreates Bahubali’s Mahismati Kingdom; check out stunning images
- Awesome! 22 kg gold saree for Goddess Durga in a London themed Kolkata pandal; take a look at gorgeous images
- President Ramnath Kovind offers prayers at Kedarnath temple, prays for India’s prosperity; see photos
- India vs Australia highlights 3rd ODI: Steve Smith’s side finally shows fight, but still ends up short of 300; Easy pickings for Virat Kohli and co
- Kuldeep Yadav: Top 7 interesting facts about India’s latest bowling sensation
- Narendra Modi Mann Ki Baat: Top 10 quotes by PM on third anniversary of his radio programme
- India vs Australia Live Streaming 3rd ODI: When and where to watch the match live online, TV Coverage
- Kolkata gets ready for Durga Puja; check out City of Joy’s some unique pandal themes