Oppo Neo 7 smartphone priced at Rs 9,990 launched in India: All you wanted to know in 10 points
Oppo Neo 7 priced at Rs 9,990 has been launched in India by the Chinese handset maker today. The Oppo Neo 7, a successor to the popular mirror-backed Neo 5, is a dual SIM, 4G-enabled smartphone. The company says it has sold 400,000 units in India this year till date and plans to treble it before March 2016. Since its entry, the company has been importing phones from China to sell in the Indian market. However, a company official revealed Oppo has undertaken trial runs for manufacturing mobile phones at Foxconn's facility in Sri City Special Economic Zone in Andhra Pradesh.
1. Oppo Neo 7: The smartphone carries forward the unique design feature that set apart the Neo 5, a sleek and reflective rear surface, while adding a wide range of performance upgrades and an a streamlined arc edge. The Neo 7’s 5-inch screen, improved front camera, along with its powerful battery, make it a heavy hitter in its price range. It has both 3G and 4G versions.
2. Oppo Neo 7: The smartphone is equipped with 1GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory and Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor. Neo 7 packs a 2,420 mAh non-removable battery.
3. Oppo Neo 7: The smartphone's mirror surface is removable and uses industry-leading optical coating technology and fiber glass materials. The back is made with 13 layers of coating refined through a series of 40 processes to increase strength, giving the surface an thinness of only 0.56 mm. Special laminating processes make the Neo 7's back look smooth and clear, and cause it to reflect light like a mirror. Users can choose between two color options, white and black.
4. Oppo Neo 7: The eye-catching frame itself comes with two colors, golden and silver, adding a sense of morderness to the mirror surface. Its flowing edges together with the 5.0-inch screen give the phone a shape that conforms comfortably to the palm.
5. Oppo Neo 7: A high-strength magnesium-aluminum alloy is used in the Neo 7’s interior. This high quality alloy allows the phone to maintain an attractively light weight, all the while providing impressive durability and superb heat dissipation.
6. Oppo Neo 7: The smartphone uses an 8-megapixel back-illuminated sensor with a photosensitive area of up to 1/4 inch, a wide f/2.0 aperture, and lets you create stunning images in all conditions.An upgraded 5-megapixel front camera with high light-sensitivity and frame rate effectively reduces noise to take clear pictures and videos. Equipped with the PureImage 2.0+ imaging platform, the new device contains a wide range of plug-ins for customized camera functionality.
7. Oppo Neo 7: Camera also has a a light-senstive sensor that can adjust the screen brightness perfectly to a user’s face, and the screen itself can be converted into a flash to brighten selfies in low light.There are 11 filters and 3 beautify modes available, and the Neo 7 can easily edit images without downloading additional apps. Special functions like Double Exposure, which allows users to take two separate photos and overlap them to create a single image, result in unique and fun photographs.
8. Oppo Neo 7: The smartphone is configured with two SIM card slots to make switching between business and private use easy. The independent microSD card slot supports memory expansion of up to 32 GB for 3G versions, and up to 128GB for 4G versions.
9. Oppo Neo 7: The smartphone uses Oppo’s in-house ColorOS 2.1, based on Android 5.1. It has been thoroughly upgraded, with smoother performance, optimized power use, and a host of new features, including Floating Window, a feature that will allow users to chat with their friends while they watch a video in the background.
10. Oppo Neo 7: The smartphone also offers entertainment. The new Locksreen Magazine feature will automatically update lockscreen photos once a week with more than 20 beautiful photos curated by OPPO, so that every time you switch your phone on, you’ll be introduced to a new surprise. The Neo 7 also inherits the excellent sound performance of OPPO devices.
More from this section
- Happy Choti Diwali 2017: From Delhi, Kolkata to Chennai, here is how India is celebrating
- SEE PICS: Xi Jinping addresses 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China; Junks any talk of reforms
- Nanmoku – Japan’s ‘vanishing village’ looks to Shinzo Abe’s LDP for survival; take a look
- From Ministry of Defence recruitment 2017, Indian Navy recruitment to Maharashtra CET 2018 syllabus; here are exam, jobs updates for you
- Beijing turns into virtual fortress for 19th Congress of Communist Party of China; see pics
- These ‘Make in India’ electric locomotives will herald a new era for Indian Railways; must-see images & facts
- Secret Superstar box office collections prediction vs Judwaa 2 vs Toilet Ek Prem Katha; Aamir Khan to beat all in 2017; know why
- INS Kiltan: Indian Navy’s new ‘Make in India’ anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette packs a potent punch!
- Indian Navy recruitment 2017, Maharashtra CET 2018 to ICAT 2018 Application forms, here are the latest education news