Domestic air traffic, Indian rupee vs US dollar, Gold rate today, Wipro net profit, HDFC Bank, more
Passenger carried by domestic airlines.
Extending losses for the second straight session, the rupee today fell by another 7 paise to to end at 65.12 against the US dollar.
Helped by positive cues from global markets and increased buying by jewellers, gold continued its upward trend for the second day by rising Rs 105 to Rs 27,335 per 10 gm at the bullion market today. Silver, however, remained under selling pressure and dipped below Rs 37,000 by falling another Rs 175 at Rs 36,900 per kg on poor off-take by industrial units and coin makers.
BSE Sensex failed to hold onto gains towards the middle of the session and slumped to a low of 27,190.55 before ending at 27,287.66, a fall of 19.17 points, or 0.07 per cent.
The 50-share NSE Nifty remained lacklustre too, which dropped 9.95 points, or 0.12 per cent, to close the day at 8,251.70. Intra-day, it shuttled between 8,294.40 and 8,217.15.
Country's third largest software services firm Wipro today reported a 7.2 per cent growth in consolidated net profit at Rs 2,235.4 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2015.
Mortgage player Indiabulls Housing Finance today reported 23.93 per cent jump in consolidated net profit to Rs 555.53 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2015-16.
World production of crude steel.
Riding on robust sales, Bajaj Auto today posted 57.9 per cent rise in net profit to Rs 933.06 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2015-16.
Private sector player HDFC Bank today reported 20.5 per cent jump in net profit to Rs 2,869.5 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2015-16.
More from this section
- Narendra Modi in Gujarat: PM launches Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service; see beautiful photos of ferry
- SEE PICS| What happened when Railways Minister Piyush Goyal paid a surprise visit to Kota Jan Shatabdi Express
- Narendra Modi Gujarat visit: PM inaugrates Ghogha-Dahej Ro-Ro ferry service in Bhavnagar; see spectacular photos
- Job notifications you must not miss! From UPSC recruitment 2017 to SBI specialist officers, check list of vacancies
- India pays homage to policemen on Police Commemoration Day; Rajnath Singh lays wreath at Police Memorial; see pictures
- Thailand all set for royal five-day funeral ceremony for its late King Bhumibol Adulyadej; check out stunning pictures
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom