Retail inflation and RBI’s target, India corruption ranking and more
Retail inflation and RBI's projected target.
India has improved to 85th positing in world corrupt nation's ranking, from the last year's 95th position.
Infiltration bid at Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir.
In highly volatile trade, the 30-share BSE index fell to touch the day’s low of 28,386.46 and closed at 28,444.01. The NSE 50-share Nifty, after swinging to and fro, settled with a loss of 31.20 points, or 0.36 per cent, at 8,524.70.
In highly volatile trade, the 30-share BSE index fell to touch the day’s low of 28,386.46 and closed at 28,444.01.
Posting this year’s biggest single-day rise of Rs 840, gold regained the Rs 27,000 per ten gram. Silver also recorded a significant gain of Rs 2,700 to Rs 37,000 per kg on increased offtake by industrial units and coin makers.
Rupee, which had breached 62-mark against dollar in previous sessions, strengthened to 61.88 levels with the gain of 14 paise.
Voting trend in 2nd phase of Jharkhand polls.
Voting trend in 2nd phase of Jammu and Kashmir polls.
Production of Zinc.
More from this section
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom
- Singapore’s Diwali themed trains are absolute visual treats; check out spectacular photos
- A day after Diwali, Delhi choked, wakes up to blanket of smog; take a look
- Diwali 2017 celebrations: From Delhi, Gujarat to Karnataka, watch amazing pictures
- Kolkata inferno: Massive fire breaks out at LIC building in City of Joy; Check out pics
- Modi’s Diwali in Kashmir! PM celebrates festival of lights with soldiers in Gurez; see pictures
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman celebrates Diwali with soldiers in Andaman and Nicobar; see pics