Core sector performance, Sun TV, BSE Sensex, Yakub Memon row, Gold rate today, more
Performance of 8 core industries.
The stock market today continued its rally for the third straight day as the benchmark BSE Sensex surged by 409.21 points to 28,114.56 led by gains in banking stocks after the government announced plans to infuse fresh capital into state-run lenders by September.
Boosted by the news, NSE Nifty regained the 8,500-mark to close at 8,532.85, showing a rise of 111.05 points or 1.32 per cent. It logged an intra-day high of 8,548.95.
Snapping its three-day losing streak, gold prices edged up by Rs 10 to Rs 25,100 per ten grams at the bullion market today on fresh buying by jewellers at prevailing levels even as the metal weakened overseas. Silver, however, remained under selling pressure and shed Rs 50 at Rs 34,000 per kg.
Sun TV today reported a 19.10 per cent increase in net profit at Rs 197.28 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2015.
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals today reported 5.09 per cent decline in its net profit at Rs 93.28 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, hit by supply constraints.
Turnover of commodity exchange.
1993 serial blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging have stoked several controversy. A cartoon by Rohnit Phore.
Private sector lender ICICI Bank today reported a 12.08 per cent growth in net profit at Rs 2,976.16 crore, its record quarterly profit, for the quarter ended June despite increase in stress on asset quality.
The rupee slipped further by 9 paise to end at 64.13 against the US dollar on sustained demand for the American currency from banks and importers despite weak overseas sentiment.
Per Capita net state domestic product.
More from this section
- PM Narendra Modi meets Navy women officers selected for Navika Sagar Parikrama, wishes them luck
- HMS Queen Elizabeth: UK’s biggest ever warship arrives in Portsmouth; check out images
- Dilip Kumar’s mooh-bola-beta Shah Rukh Khan pays him a visit; see heartwarming pics
- Independence Day celebrations in flood hit Assam brings out TRUE meaning of patriotism; check out spectacular photos
- Floods devastate Bihar, Assam, break rail connectivity, affect lakhs of people; take a look
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha box office collection: Akshay Kumar starrer inks massive success, speeds towards the Rs 100 cr club
- 71st Independence Day: Take a look on how India celebrated
- Independence Day 2017: PM Narendra Modi meets school children at Red Fort, see captivating photos
- Independence Day 2017: Ten things PM Narendra Modi said in his speech; see images