Millionaires shifting abroad, top 10 market-cap, tourism earnings, monsoon, more
HNWIs Outflows: India has seen the second-biggest outflow of high net worth individuals in last 14 years, with as many as 61,000 millionaires shifting base to abroad due to reasons like tax, security and child education, says a report.
Read full story: 61,000 Indian millionaires shifted overseas in last 14 yrs
Seven of the top 10 most valued Indian companies saw a combined erosion of Rs 60,600 crore in market valuation last week on account of correction, with Sun Pharma taking the hardest hit. While TCS, HDFC Bank, CIL, ITC, ONGC, Sun Pharma and SBI ran up losses in their market capitalisation (m-cap), RIL, Infosys and HDFC made gains. The m-cap of Sun Pharma tumbled Rs 26,614.38 crore to Rs 2,01,111.83 crore, the most among the top 10 firms.
Foreign exchange earnings from tourism
The weather department on Sunday issued warning of "heavy to very heavy rainfall" in parts of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat over the next 48 hours even as it predicted heavy downpours in Odisha and Gangetic West Bengal on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Cultivated area - Major Kharif crops
FDI in Metallurgical Industries
More from this section
- Job notifications you must not miss! From UPSC recruitment 2017 to SBI specialist officers, check list of vacancies
- India pays homage to policemen on Police Commemoration Day; Rajnath Singh lays wreath at Police Memorial; see pictures
- Thailand all set for royal five-day funeral ceremony for its late King Bhumibol Adulyadej; check out stunning pictures
- Narendra Modi in Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones for 5 projects during Himalayan shrine visit; check splendid photos
- From NTCL recruitment 2017, ITBP recruitment to CMAT 2018 online application; here are the top jobs, education news
- Secret Superstar, Golmaal Again, Mersal box office collections: Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgn, Vijay, Ravi Teja in big fight; see who is beating whom
- Singapore’s Diwali themed trains are absolute visual treats; check out spectacular photos
- A day after Diwali, Delhi choked, wakes up to blanket of smog; take a look
- Diwali 2017 celebrations: From Delhi, Gujarat to Karnataka, watch amazing pictures