Millionaires shifting abroad, top 10 market-cap, tourism earnings, monsoon, more
HNWIs Outflows: India has seen the second-biggest outflow of high net worth individuals in last 14 years, with as many as 61,000 millionaires shifting base to abroad due to reasons like tax, security and child education, says a report.
Read full story: 61,000 Indian millionaires shifted overseas in last 14 yrs
Seven of the top 10 most valued Indian companies saw a combined erosion of Rs 60,600 crore in market valuation last week on account of correction, with Sun Pharma taking the hardest hit. While TCS, HDFC Bank, CIL, ITC, ONGC, Sun Pharma and SBI ran up losses in their market capitalisation (m-cap), RIL, Infosys and HDFC made gains. The m-cap of Sun Pharma tumbled Rs 26,614.38 crore to Rs 2,01,111.83 crore, the most among the top 10 firms.
Foreign exchange earnings from tourism
The weather department on Sunday issued warning of "heavy to very heavy rainfall" in parts of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat over the next 48 hours even as it predicted heavy downpours in Odisha and Gangetic West Bengal on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Cultivated area - Major Kharif crops
FDI in Metallurgical Industries
More from this section
- Rs 50, Rs 200, Rs 500 and Rs 2000 notes images: Here are the new currency notes released by RBI
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha earns Rs 115.05 cr, but will it beat Akshay Kumar’s highest grosser Rowdy Rathore?
- This shipping route could cut distance from East Asia to Western Europe by 10,000 kilometers; see pics
- How Iran is trying to secure a corridor from its border to the Mediterranean
- Shah Rukh Khan in world’s highest paid actors list, find out 2 other Indians who made it there too
- Typhoon Hato rattles Hong Kong, streets flooded, flights cancelled; see pictures
- Android Oreo: List of smartphones to get the new OS, check if your mobile is on the list
- China targeting another island in South China Sea? See pics
- US Navy to launch fleet-wide probe after USS John McCain collision; see pics