Cleartrip’s ‘The Suite Life’: 15 travel stats
As in the last few quarters, the accommodation space is continuing to grow at Cleartrip, which has seen 83% growth in searches (YoY, Q1’15) and 120% growth in room nights (YoY, Q1’14) booked.
Feeding in to the strong industry demand, Cleartrip has made the process of planning and payment flexible for its customers>One such exercise involved launch of pay@hotel a year and a half back, and this has seen its contributions, in terms of booking, rise almost 20% through that channel.
A payment feature introduced this quarter which allowed part–payment for domestic hotels, already shows a 10% utilization.
Accommodation booking on mobile stood it’s ground. Almost 45% of hotel transactions on Cleartrip this quarter came via mobile phones. A stand-out trend observed here was that mobile was a more popular mode of booking accommodation for the last minute and / or solo traveler. A behavior typically noticed amongst travelers on-the-go.
32% of Cleartrip's mobile bookings were seen to prefer more 4 & 5 star hotel bookings, a tad higher than the 20% who selected 1 to 3 star hotels. Consequently, the average transaction size of mobile turns out to be higher v/s desktop.
Customer choices too, made an interesting collection, this quarter. Coming right through the peak summer holidays, several hill-stations showed up as the preferred choice of place – Mahabaleshwar, Manali, Ooty, Kodaikanal being the most prominent ones. Certain newer international destinations like Las Vegas, London & Shenzhen came to the fore, too. All these, with a significant growth rate over last year.
With the onset of monsoon, Weekend Getaway bookings have spiralled 127% in Q1. Weekend Getaways are the power-naps city-revelers look for the most, to break monotony and routine.
More from this section
- PM Narendra Modi meets Navy women officers selected for Navika Sagar Parikrama, wishes them luck
- HMS Queen Elizabeth: UK’s biggest ever warship arrives in Portsmouth; check out images
- Dilip Kumar’s mooh-bola-beta Shah Rukh Khan pays him a visit; see heartwarming pics
- Independence Day celebrations in flood hit Assam brings out TRUE meaning of patriotism; check out spectacular photos
- Floods devastate Bihar, Assam, break rail connectivity, affect lakhs of people; take a look
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha box office collection: Akshay Kumar starrer inks massive success, speeds towards the Rs 100 cr club
- 71st Independence Day: Take a look on how India celebrated
- Independence Day 2017: PM Narendra Modi meets school children at Red Fort, see captivating photos
- Independence Day 2017: Ten things PM Narendra Modi said in his speech; see images