Budget 2016: PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’ to be broadcast February 28 ahead of budget day
Budget 2016: The 17th instalment of 'Mann Ki Baat', a heart to heart broadcast by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the people of India shall be broadcast on February 28 at 11 a.m. over the entire network of All India Radio, which is just a day before the presentation of the Union Budget 2016 by FM Arun Jaitley.
Budget 2016: While Budget features are a secret, PM Narendra Modi's Mann Ki Baat will acquire greater urgency for all to glean information about what PM has in mind just a day before the presentation of, what is arguably, the most important budget of the NDA government.
Budget 2016: The broadcast will be relayed by all AIR stations, all AIR FM channels (FM Gold and FM Rainbow), local radio stations, Vividh Bharati Stations and five community radio stations. The regional versions will be relayed by all AIR stations including local radio stations in the respective states.
Budget 2016: The unique aspect of this important broadcast is that it is visually adapted by Doordarshan and other private television and news channels in India and broadcast simultaneously. Similarly, radio in private sector patches AIR. All DTH operators also carry it. It is also live streamed for global audience and is accessible through mobile app, ALL INDIA RADIO LIVE.
More from this section
- 5 players who should have made it to India’s limited over side for Sri Lanka tour; SEE PICS
- Emma Stone tops world’s highest paid actresses Forbes list with $26 mn in earnings, Deepika Padukone out
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha box office collection: Akshay Kumar dream run continues, movie rockets to Rs 89.95 crore by 6th day
- Spirit of Bihar comes alive as state fights flood fury; see pics
- Bellandur Lake is spewing toxic foam again, leaves commuters in sorry state; check out shocking images
- Nokia 8 first impression: Look at the full specifications & features in pictures
- PM Narendra Modi meets Navy women officers selected for Navika Sagar Parikrama, wishes them luck
- HMS Queen Elizabeth: UK’s biggest ever warship arrives in Portsmouth; check out images
- Dilip Kumar’s mooh-bola-beta Shah Rukh Khan pays him a visit; see heartwarming pics
Home loans: Additional Rs 50,000 tax benefit for first-time home buyers starts April 1
Bullion markets shut for 30th day over excise duty protest
Congress rues Narendra Modi silence on Pathankot and more, but looks to take credit for passage of several bills
Narendra Modi reveals 7-point strategy to double farmers' income: Key takeaways
ANALYSIS / EXPERT COMMENTS
- Meghnad Desai
India needs a body like the UK’s Office of Budget Responsibility
- Anita Rastogi
In addition to simplifying the taxation structure, implementation of the GST regime will help eliminate most indirect tax issues
- Nirvikar Singh
Repressive regimes fail to deliver inclusive and substantive economic growth
- Anwar Shirpurwala
Extend duty incentives for mobile phones and tablets to all Information Technology Agreement goods
- Eric Mehta
Will this Budget be an enabler for ‘Make in India’, ‘Make for India’ and, most importantly, ‘Make India’ is something that will soon be answered