Wednesday, June 7, 2000
fesub.gif (4328 bytes)
Full Story
 Intel IT update
fe.gif (834 bytes)
India's first e-business paper
flnews.gif (5153 bytes)
Search FE
-
Download
BSE Quotes
NSE Quotes
-
Think Tank
This week we focus on a complete analysis of the
rupee convertibility industry
-
 

Sify eyes India Travelog revenue 

Baburajan K  
Mumbai, June 6: Satyam Infoway has offered to buy out Romola Butalia's 35per cent revenue sharing arrangement for India Travelog with IndiaWorldCommunications Pvt Ltd. India Travelog is one of IndiaWorld's 13 websites.

It is jointly presented by IndiaWorld and Romola Butalia, the editor ofIndia Travelog. As per the existing MoU with IndiaWorld, Butalia has a 35per cent revenues while IndiaWorld has the remaining 65 per cent share.According to a release from Butalia, in response to Satyam's offer, she hasmade a counter offer for the site, which has a committed readership withhigh interactivity. The site has been hosting banner advertisements fromIntel, Prudential ICICI, Amul, Namaste, among others.

The release further said that the offer from Satyam will enable SatyamInfoway to buy out the remaining 35 per cent revenue share of IndiaTravelog. In view of Butalia's counter offer for the site, negotiation forthe deal is expected to be completed within a week. The amount at which thesite is finally bought should be an indicator for the industry on howdotcoms are valued now. and after the crash in the Nasdaq and the Indianstock markets. It would further give an insight into Satyam's own valuationof the IndiaWorld sites, seven months after the much-hyped deal withIndiaWorld, the release said.

Copyright © 2000 Indian Express Newspapers (Bombay) Ltd.

- Lead Stories | Corporate | Infrastructure | Commodities | Economy/Finance | BSE Today | NSE/ Markets | Strategy | Convergence | After Hours top.gif (150 bytes)Top
flame.jpg (1068 bytes) Copyright 1999: Indian Express Newspaper(Bombay) Ltd. All rights reserved throughout the world.
This entire edition is compiled in Mumbai by The Indian Express Online Media Limited, a division of
The Indian Express Group of Newspapers. Managed by The Indian Express Online Media Limited and hosted by CerfNet.