UK: Man mistakes crystal meth for health drink, dies after heavy consumption

Comments 0

A 55-year-old man in UK has died after accidentally drinking a massive overdose of liquid crystal meth worth 34,000 pounds, mistaking it for a health drink.

Romano Dias from Cambridgeshire, UK was handed a bottle of what appeared to be a fruit-based drink by his daughter, who found it in a package delivered to her home.

Dias was taken ill immediately after drinking half a glass of the liquid and died shortly afterwards, Cambridge News reported.

Investigations showed that the bottle did not contain the drink on the label but 34,000 pounds of pure methamphetamine - known as crystal meth.

Police said the drug is rarely found on the streets of Cambridgeshire.

"The 34,000 pounds is a significant amount. I would say it is highly likely it was destined for a dealer," Detective Inspector Ian Simmons told the inquest in Huntingdon.

The package had been delivered up to three years ago and the wrappings had been destroyed, limiting the police investigation, the report said.

"This is a dreadful case," Coroner William Morris said.

Morris concluded that Dias' death had been accidental. He said there was no evidence that whoever put the drug in the bottle intended any harm to Dias or anyone else.

The drug, commonly known as crystal meth, is an extremely strong amphetemine that is normally smoked, snorted or injected.

Ads by Google

More from Latest News

Reader´s Comments
| Post a Comment
Please Wait while comments are loading...