In today’s hyper-connected world, events like the 2014 FIFA World Cup dominate online conversations globally. As one of the world’s biggest sporting events, this World Cup will be eagerly watched by millions of football fans who will be following – and sharing their views on – every goal, tackle and penalty appeal.
To help soccer fans follow the online conversation during the tournament, Tata Consultancy Services has reimagined the World Cup experience by launching a brand new application, TCS SocialSoccer, to give football fans a truly immersive social experience through their smartphones or tablets.
By developing TCS SocialSoccer, TCS has created an app that allows football fans to track the mood and thoughts of fellow fans from around the world about teams, players and key events, aggregated in real-time.
Using sophisticated algorithms, TCS SocialSoccer aggregates real-time analysis of all matches from based on Twitter data, tracking sentiment and key talking points from pundits, footballers and fans from across the globe. It allows users to follow all games and monitor the performance of their team and favourite players. The app is fully interactive, enabling fans to interact with other supporters, identify the biggest talking points from specific matches and monitor sentiment around their favourite teams or players.
* Pre- and post-match analysis of all games during the 2014 FIFA World Cup
* Real-time analytics of Twitter buzz and trends during matches
* The ability to follow your favourite teams and get up-to-date stats on the app’s home screen
* Location-based sentiment analysis – find out which geographies teams & players are getting their support from
* Compare online conversations around every team and player
* Schedules, scores and key moments of every game