Decoding the rage in Ferguson

Decoding the rage in Ferguson

For more than a decade, African-American gains since the 1960s...
No table for three

No table for three

Narendra Modiís gamble wonít work unless Delhi gets act together on J&K, border management...

Tata Consultancy Services merges Japan arm with Mitsubishi Corpís IT division

Apr 22 2014, 10:27 IST
Comments 0
Tata Consultancy Services will hold 51% of TCS Japan while Mitsubishi Corp will own the remaining 49%. PTI Tata Consultancy Services will hold 51% of TCS Japan while Mitsubishi Corp will own the remaining 49%. PTI
SummaryTata Consultancy Services will hold 51% of TCS Japan while Mitsubishi Corp will own the remaining 49%.

*Tata Consultancy Services, the country's largest IT services exporter, has signed a deal to merge its Japanese unit with Mitsubishi Corpís IT arm, the company said on Monday.

TCS will hold 51% of the merged company ó TCS Japan ó while Mitsubishi Corp will own the remainning 49%. The new entity will be operational from July 2014. It will have over $600 million in annual revenue and over 2,400 employees.

TCS paid for the merger with equity and $50 million in cash. The transaction values the combined entity at $300 million, subject to certain purchase price and closing adjustments, TCS said in a statement.

ďTCS will now have the scale, strong local presence and our full range of global capabilities to serve the Japanese corporations effectively and accelerate our growth in Japan market,Ē N Chandrasekaran, TCS's CEO and managing director, said.

TCS shares touched a high of R2, 242, up 1.11%, during intra-day trade on the BSE on Monday. They were trading at R2, 230.35 at 2.15 p.m.

Ads by Google

More from Corporates & Markets

Reader´s Comments
| Post a Comment
Please Wait while comments are loading...