- Subrata Roy arrest: Sahara Group reacts, invokes mother, Kargil martyrs, Mumbai attackAfter Sahara group chief Subrata Roy's arrest, Sahara Housing Fina Corp shares plungeMt. Gox: a quick rise and even faster fall of Bitcoin exchnageSubrata Roy surrenders before Lucknow Police; after playing hide and seek says was not 'absconding'
Flamboyant Sahara group chief Subrata Roy, who calls himself 'Managing Worker' of his business empire, was brought down by an innocuous-looking complaint by 'Roshan Lal' four years and four months ago. Numbers involved as mammoth:
* Sahara group claimed to have raised total funds to the tune of Rs 2,25,000 crore since inception in 1978
* Sahara group claims to have a net worth of Rs 68,174 crore
* Sahara group assets worth over Rs 152,518 crore
* Sahara Group collected over Rs 24,000 crore from three crore individuals,
* Sahara sent 127 trucks containing 31,669 cartons full of over three crore application forms and two crore redemption vouchers to Sebi office Ė causing huge traffic jam
* SAT upheld Sebi orders to Sahara to refund Rs 25,781 crore to over three crore investors.