- Shah Rukh Khan to celebrate Chennai Express' success with team, friendsChennai Express' success: Shah Rukh Khan to celebrateShah Rukh Khan\'s Chennai Express earns Rs 200 crore, creates box office historyChennai Express earns Rs 200 crore, just Rs 2 cr away from beating 3 Idiots record
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan says the issue over the allotment of screens for the release of Ekta Kapoor's Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara is a little unfounded as Chennai Express producers UTV did make way for Balaji's request.
Ekta's mother Shobha Kapoor, who released Akshay Kumar starrer Once Upon... a week later on August 15, had expressed disappointment with UTV over the sharing of screens.
Shah Rukh Khan said the commitment from the producers UTV was well clarified with the makers of Once Upon... and he was not involved in any discussion.
"We had booked single screen theatres for two weeks. A desire came from there (Balaji) that look we are coming on August 15 and can you give us some theatres. I don't do the business, they (UTV) said we will give you 40 to 50 per cent (screen space) which we did," Shah Rukh told PTI.
"Our film was earlier supposed to release on Thursday, it then got shifted to Friday, a week means seven days and everyone has the right to run their film for seven days. So seven days got over and we gave them the theatres on Friday. If there is an issue or complaint about this, I think it is little unfounded," he said.
The makers of Once Upon... had pushed the release date of their film to August 15 to avoid a clash with Chennai Express at SRK's request.
There were media reports that Ekta was assured by the production house that they will withdraw their film on August 15 to make way for OUATIMD in at least 2,000 halls across the country.
"I think sometimes when you talk about the business part then you start taking my name because I stand for the business part of Red Chillies or I am the face of this film. I don't think there is any reason, as far as UTV is concerned, to have an issue with Balaji. As far as I am concerned I was not part of the business," Shah Rukh said.
Last year, Ajay Devgn and Yash Raj Films also had a similar issue over the number of