SGX Nifty gains, pharma stocks in focus
* Asian shares ambled higher on Friday and were on course for a weekly gain of more than 2 per cent, their best in two months, after manufacturing surveys from China and the United States raised hopes that the global growth outlook is improving at last.
* Foreign investors bought Rs 1.83 billion, while Domestic institutions sold Rs 1.64 billion of stocks on Thursday when the BSE index rose 0.31 per cent.
* Pharmaceutical shares will be in focus, as India approved a new drug pricing policy designed to increase the number of drugs deemed essential that are subject to price caps, two ministers told reporters.
* India's cabinet approved on Thursday a 9.5 per cent government stake sale in state-run power producer NTPC Ltd, a minister told reporters, to help rein in its ballooning fiscal deficit.
* Investors will watch Hindustan Copper Ltd shares a day after it sets floor price for share sale at Rs 155 a share. Hindustan Copper shares closed at Rs 266.15 on Thursday.
Be the first to comment.