Stock market update: Sensex, Nifty up as Tata Motors, ICICI Bank shares gain
* Tata Motors Ltd gains 4.8 percent after briefly plunging as much as 10 percent on Friday because of a technology trading glitch from brokerage Religare Capital Markets.
* Power Finance Corp Ltd and Rural Electrification Corp Ltd shares gain over 4 percent each on speculation the government is preparing to offer new incentives to revive stalled power projects.
* ICICI Bank adds 1.8 percent after falling 3.4 percent in the previous two sessions.
* Bank of Baroda shares fall 6.5 percent after the bank's October-December earnings disappointed investors.
* Shares in IDFC fell 4.5 percent after the lender and consultant for infrastructure projects registered a weak loan growth in the December quarter.
Sensex trims initial gains, Tata Motors, UltraTech Cement, ICICI Bank shares top gainers
At 11 a.m.: The BSE benchmark Sensex trimmed its initial gains but was still quoted higher by 95 points in the late morning trade on the back of fresh buying mainly in Auto, Realty, Consumer Durable and Banking sectors amid firm global cues.
Sustained capital inflows from foreign funds also boosted the market sentiment as foreign institutional investors (FIIs) bought shares worth a net Rs 763.28 crore last Friday, as as per provisional data from the stock exchanges.
The BSE benchmark Sensex resumed higher at 19,860.97 and shot up further to a
Be the first to comment.