Sanjiv Chaturvedi contests Harsh Vardhan’s statement on his qualification

Aug 29 2014, 03:01 IST
Comments 0
SummaryIn a letter, former AIIMS vigilance officer said repeated communications were being issued by the health ministry to give an impression that his name was rejected by CVC

Sanjiv Chaturvedi, who was recently removed as the chief vigilance officer of AIIMS, has contested Union health minister Harsh Vardhan’s statement that he was not qualified for the post.

“On the insistence of CVC, the Union health ministry had sent a panel of four persons by designation on December 24 2012, which included my name also, after which CVC asked to send specific names,” he said in a letter to Vardhan.

“Subsequent to this, the ministry again sent a panel of three specific officers including my name in March-April 2013.”

“After that the CVC asked the ministry to send complete ACR dossier and vigilance clearance of the officers concerned,” Chaturvedi said in the letter.

“In response, the institute had already sent vigilance clearance and other requisite information to the ministry. Thus, the matter is still pending with the CVC which is yet to take a final decision,” Chaturvedi wrote in his letter.

He said that with a view to influence the decision-making process of the CVC, repeated communications were being issued to give an impression as if his name had been rejected by the CVC.

Ads by Google

More from Miscellaneous

Reader´s Comments
| Post a Comment
Please Wait while comments are loading...