Uddhav Thackeray's aggression

Uddhav Thackeray's aggression

From all accounts, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray appears an unlikely candidate for a skirmish...
Verdict on Robert Vadra case today

Verdict on Robert Vadra case today

A PIL is seeking a court-monitored CBI probe into various land deals allegedly entered into by Robert Vadra's firms.

'Probe must find out what happened to MH370'

Apr 06 2014, 18:01 IST
Comments 0
SummaryAuthorities probing the mysterious disappearance of the Malaysian jet nearly a month ago must get to the bottom of it so that people feel safe every time they board a flight, husband of one of the five Indians on board the ill-fated plane has demanded.

Authorities probing the mysterious disappearance of the Malaysian jet nearly a month ago must get to the bottom of it so that people feel safe every time they board a flight, husband of one of the five Indians on board the ill-fated plane has demanded.

"This is an event that is so unprecedented and I think that is so significant that it can never be allowed to get off the screens, get off the radar," K S Narendran said.

His wife, Chandrika Sharma, 51, was on the Beijing-bound Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 on March 8.

"My concern is that if we don't really get to the bottom of it, we cannot really be certain that we are safe and that we are secure every time we board a flight," Narendran told CNN.

Chennai-based Sharma had taken the flight from here on her way to Mongolia to participate in a Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) organised conference.

The four other Indians, including three from one family, on board the Boeing 777-200 plane have been identified as Vinod Kolekar, 59, Chetna Kolekar, 55, Swanand Kolekar, 23 and Kranti Shirsath, 44. An Indian-origin Canadian, Muktesh Mukherjee, 42, was also on board the flight.

Authorities from around the world have been searching the remote areas in the Indian Ocean for the missing plane but have so far found nothing, leaving families of the passengers with unanswered questions.

Some have criticised the response and accused Malaysian officials of giving them confusing, conflicting information.

The majority of the passengers on MH370 were from China. Relatives of the 154 Chinese passengers who were aboard the flight have been oscillating between grief and visceral anger as the search for the plane carrying their loved ones continues.

They protested in front of the Malaysian Embassy in Beijing and shared with the media a video of meetings with Malaysian officials. They have expressed their dissatisfaction with the Malaysian government's explanation that satellite data indicated the plane most likely crashed in the Indian Ocean.

Tom Wood, a brother of American passenger Philip Wood, said his family would have no comment until authorities provide concrete evidence.

"We don't want to give any reaction right now," he said. "We want something solid before commenting on anything. When they know something for sure, then I myself, my brother, my parents will be happy to talk."

The IBM executive, who was headed back to Beijing before taking a new assignment in Malaysia, was one of three

Single Page Format
Ads by Google
Reader´s Comments
| Post a Comment
Please Wait while comments are loading...