Power producers gain, Lanco Infratech shares up 4.8% on coal price pooling reports
* The measures are intended to bring down coal prices, but details still need to be fleshed out, according to the reports, including from The Economic Times.
* Nomura says price pooling for coal would only impact projects eligible to secure supplies from Coal India Ltd under their respective fuel supply agreements, and hence would only benefit independent power producers such as Lanco Infratech Ltd and Adani Power Ltd.
* The investment bank adds pooling would be neutral to positive for NTPC Ltd and revenue neutral for Coal India Ltd .
* Lanco Infratech shares gain 4.8 percent while Adani Power is up 1.9 percent.
* NTPC shares are down 1.6 percent, while Coal India shares are up 0.4 percent.
Be the first to comment.