* January futures contract on India's 50-stock Nifty index breached 6,100 level earlier in the day as spot index rose, led by gains in Reliance Industries.
* This marked the first time a near-month index futures contract rose over 6,100 level since Jan. 6, 2011.
* The premium over spot index expanded to 15 points compared with 10 points on Friday, which dealers attribute to confidence in the earnings season.
* Among heavyweight stocks -- Reliance Industries, ITC, Infosys , Tata Consultancy Service have beaten their earnings estimates for the December quarter.
* Blue chip earnings this week include Hindustan Unilever on Tuesday, Larsen & Toubro on Thursday and Maruti Suzuki on Friday.