Narendra Modi ousted from Wharton address, but Arvind Kejriwal denies role
Arvind Kejriwal said he did not believe he was 'replacing anyone' as he had been approached by the organisers to speak at the event much before the Narendra Modi controversy broke.
"It is being reported in some sections of media that I have replaced Mr Narendra Modi for this Wharton lecture. I think this is incorrect because they have been in touch with me for more than 15 to 20 days. And, I understand from the newspapers reports that Mr Modi's cancellation took place one or two days back," he added.
"They have told me that they have invited many people and I am one of them. So, Mr Modi's cancellation has nothing to do with my invitation," he added.
Modi, who secured an electoral hat-trick in Gujarat in December last year, had been selected by students to address the Wharton India Economic Forum via videoconference.
On Monday, an official statement from the Wharton India Economic Forum stated that Modi had been dropped from the list of keynote speakers.
"Our team felt that the potential polarizing reactions from sub-segments of the alumni base student body, and our supporters might put Mr Modi in a compromising position," the forum said in a statement.
The Gujarat Chief Minister, who
Be the first to comment.