Maruti Suzuki India's institutional investors on Thursday approached Sebi, seeking its intervention to safeguard minority shareholders' interests and to ensure compliance with good corporate governance norms with regard to the transfer of a Gujarat project to the car maker's Japanese parent Suzuki.
Maruti Suzuki India (MSIL) is facing stiff resistance from private sector mutual funds and insurance companies, which own almost 7% of the company, for its decision to allow Suzuki Motor to make cars for MSIL at a proposed plant in Gujarat instead of manufacturing the vehicles itself.
Here's a list of institutional investors in Maruti Suzuki:
* Life Insurance Corp of India (As on Dec 31, 13): 6.93%
* HDFC Asset Management Co (Jan 31, 14): 1.62%
* Reliance Capital Trustee Co (Jan 31, 14): 1.08%
* Prudential ICICI Asset Mgmt (Jan 31, 14): 0.63%
* UTI Asset Management (Jan 31, 14): 0.61%
* Birla Sun Life Asset Mgmt (Feb 28, 14): 0.3%
* DSP Blackrock Investment Manager (Feb 28, 14): 0.22%
* Templeton Asset Mgmt (Jan 31, 14): 0.19%
* L&T Investment Mgmt (Jan 31, 14): 0.17%
* SBI Funds Management (Feb 28, 14): 0.15%
* Kotak Mahindra (Jan 31, 14): 0.09%
* Tata Asset Mgmt (Feb 28, 14): 0.06%