- Maruti Suzuki share price rating 'overweight': HSBCTata Motors launches Nano Twist with e-power-steering, price spikes, but 'beats' Maruti SuzukiFIIs see turnaround in Indian economy, raise holdings in blue chips, Larsen & Toubro, Tata Steel, Hindalco in listIn Narendra Modi's Gujarat, farmers renew agitation against Maruti Suzuki land allotment
With the new Maruti Suzuki Celerio launch, the Japanese company is all set to steal the show at the upcoming Indian Auto Expo, 2014 and to prove its supremacy all over again as the leading carmaker in India in terms of quality as well as price (approx. Rs 3 lakh in Delhi).
Initially referred to as the new generation A-Star and codenamed as YL7, this small hatchback has been christened as the Maruti Suzuki 'Celerio'. Maruti Suzuki India is going to present this model as a replacement for its existing A-Star and Zen Estilo models. Maruti Suzuki has used the word 'Celerio' as a suffix with the 'Alto' badge in some auto markets outside India.
Buying a new car? Check Prices
Does Celerio have potential enough to help Maruti Suzuki accomplish its goal of revolutionizing its position in the Indian auto market? It is evident, from its preparations for a mega-launch at the Auto Expo, Maruti Suzuki is counting on this model to revamp its profile - If there is nothing extraordinary in the model, it can hardly be expected to bring a revolution to the company's portfolio. Let's have a closer look at the model:
1. Celerio is going to be modeled with design-influence from the A-Wind Concept. With an exterior measurement of 3600mm x 1600mm x 1540mm (length x width x height) and a wheelbase of 2425mm, it is going to be taller and more spacious.
Buying a used car? Check Prices
2. Also, considering the source of its design, it can be assumed that it is going to be sportier than its predecessor.
3. Having said that, how is it different from or superior to the other models to justify its potential billing? Maruti Suzuki has revealed this crucial information. Celerio will come with an automated manual transmission and this makes it the first of its type, since no other car in its segment, comes with an automated manual transmission - the clutch pedal will be replaced by this automated manual transmission.
4. What is even more important is that in spite of the