The newsmaker stocks to watch on Friday include Tech Mahindra, Infosys and Coal India.
The BSE Sensex on Thursday rose to a fresh lifetime closing high of 22,214.37 points on sustained FII buying in banking and oil & gas shares amid hopes that the economy would be on recovery path soon and the Reserve Bank will hold interest rates steady.
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* RBI extends deadline on capital norms under Basel III to March 31, 2019
* Relief for Bayer as Natco barred from exporting anti-cancer drug
* Tech Mahindra may buy stake in social business startup
* India cbank eases FX hedging rules for exporters, importers
* India cbank to ease OTC derivative exposure norms for standalone primary dealers from April 1
* Infosys US unit selected by Prime Therapeutics to set up testing centre
* Coal India likely to walk out of 80 bln rupee fertiliser JV
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures traded on the Singapore Exchange SINc1 are up 0.3 percent, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index .MIAPJ0000PUS gains 0.6 percent.
* The euro was wallowing near three-week lows in Asia on Friday as speculation intensified that the European Central Bank might ease policy further, while similar hopes of stimulus in China gave a fillip to Asian shares.
* U.S. stocks fell on Thursday, erasing most of the S&P 500's year-to-date gain, as banking and technology stocks led the selloff.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
* The Indian government will finalise its borrowing calendar for the April-September period.
* RBI governor at a University of Chicago event in Delhi.
* India's external debt data (Tentative)