The newsmaker stocks to watch on Wednesday include SpiceJet, Tata Motors and Axis Bank.
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* India Election Commission allows RBI to announce new bank licences. Watch out for banking stocks
* RBI halts further FII share purchase in Axis Bank as limit breached
* Tata Motors March sales fall 30 Pct
* Ashok Leyland Ltd says March total sales down 27 pct
* Hero Motocorp says March sales up 11.9 pct
* Jet Airways says expands codeshare partnership with Air France
* JSW Steel says reduces prices for some products
* Indian Bank to increase its base rate to 10.25 pct per annum
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures traded at Singapore Exchange up 0.8 percent while MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index gains 0.1 percent.
* Asian share markets added to their recent rally on Wednesday as investors chose to accentuate the positive in a mixed bag of global economic data, pressuring the safe haven yen to a 10-week trough.
* U.S. stocks rose for a third straight session on Tuesday, with the S&P 500 ending at a record close, after positive data on factory activity indicated economic growth was gaining traction following a harsh winter.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
* Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan to speak to analysts via teleconference on the central bank's monetary policy statement.