The newsmaker stocks to watch on Friday include Maruti Suzuki, Piramal Healthcare, Sesa Sterlite and JSW Energy.
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty India stock futures traded in Singapore up 0.44 percent while the MSCI index of Asian shares ex-Japan gain 0.39 percent.
* Asian shares were subdued and the dollar held modest gains against the yen in early trade on Friday as markets held their breath ahead of the U.S. payrolls report later in the session - which could show the economy shaking off a severe winter.
* The S&P 500 ended nearly flat on Thursday as investors paused ahead of Friday's jobs report, though gains in Internet shares helped lift the Nasdaq.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
* India to sell 160 billion rupees of bonds on May 2
* India's manufacturing PMI data
* Indian automakers continue to report April sales.
* India's foreign reserves and bank lending data
* Reliance Communications earnings
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* India orders gas price rises be backdated to April 1
* Maruti Suzuki strips three COOs of executive powers
Indian billionaire brothers in rival talks to save Italian steelmaker
* India's infrastructure output growth slows to 2.5 pct in March
* U.S. resists pressure to give India worst offender rating in IP review
* India invites U.S. to discuss Intellectual Property, market access after election
* Maruti Suzuki April total sales down 11.4 pct -
* Mahindra April vehicle sales down 12 pct
* Hero Motocorp April sales up 14.4 pct y/y
* Petronet struggles with constrained Kochi plant
* JSW Energy March-Qtr profit down 47 pct
* Piramal Healthcare buys Shriram City Union shares worth $130 mn
* Sesa Sterlite not to lay off on-notice 1017 employees
* Multi Commodity Exchange says CEO resigned