The newsmaker stocks to watch on Monday include Bharti Airtel, Sesa Sterlite Ltd and Suzlon Energy:
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* India to borrow $61.4 bln between April-Sept
* Vedanta donations to Indian parties ruled illegal by Delhi court * Reliance not to change D6 gas price from April 1 -govt source * If Modi wins election, neighbours can expect a more muscular India
* Suzlon Energy Ltd eyes 100 bn rupee LSE listing for arm
* Safaricom, Bharti Airtel get conditional approval to buy Kenyan rival
* India mkt regulator extends foreign portfolio investor rule implementation to June
Nifty futures traded at Singapore Exchange is up 0.41 percent while MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index gains 0.21 percent.
* Asian stocks were up slightly in a cautious start to the week on Monday, with investors holding out hopes that China would take steps to stimulate the economy.
* U.S. stocks ended up on Friday but off their session highs as a late afternoon selloff in the biotechnology sector weighed on the overall market. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell nearly 3 percent for the week, marking its worst week since October 2012.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
* India's fiscal deficit data for April-Feb
* Infrastructure output for February
In battling Maruti Suzuki, Indian fund managers find voice
* Jain Irrigation Systems may sell stake in food processing unit * GMR puts aircraft maintenance unit on sale