Former world billiards champion Michael Ferreira, against whom the Economic Offences Wing of the Mumbai Police has issued a look out notice in connection with the Rs 450 crore QNet scam, Wednesday claimed he is in Malaysia for medical treatment and will be back in India soon.
In a press release, Ferreira said, ďI have been in Malaysia for a few tests and medical treatment to address some long-standing ailments.... Once again, as I have said before, I reaffirm I have spent most of my life building my reputation and serving India on various platforms including sports and public service, so I find it ridiculous that anyone would say I am trying to avoid or run away from my responsibilities and from cooperating with the EOW. ď
Additional Commissioner of Police (EOW) Rajvardhan Sinha said they were also examining the bank account details of actor Boman Iraniís son Danesh in connection with his alleged role in the scam.
Irani Wednesday issued a statement, saying, ďMy involvement with the company is merely based on the fact that I have attended a function of QNet and had been photographed there. My son had worked as an agent like thousands of others when he had passed out of college, during the period of 2007-2008. After which he left for the USA for MBA. His earnings and residuals for his hard earned efforts as a multilevel marketing agent are all taxed and above board.Ē