As a signal of his gratitude towards Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) cadres who toiled hard during the election campaign, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is learnt to have issued an informal direction to party ministers.
Modi is likely to meet partyís organisational leaders over couple of days to explain his position and underline the importance of following his dictum. Here's the 5-point formula:
1. Political appointments will be done in a structured fashion
2. Suggestions of partyís organisational leaders will be sought to zero in on eligible persons among the cadres who should be considered for political appointments
3. Ministers will have to prepare a list of political vacancies and eligibility conditions for discussions within the party
4. This rule likely to apply to ministers from alliance partners
5. No pressure must be brought to bear on fellow ministers for their constituency or region-specific demands.