First look of tickets for Sachin Tendulkar's 199th Test match against West Indies is trending on Twitter!
Tickets for the Little Master's 199th at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata have his autographed sketch on the left side.
As Sachin Tendulkar prepares for his final two Tests, Eden Gardens' curator Prabir Mukherjee has said he would give the master batsman nothing to complain about when he plays his penultimate game in Kolkata against the West Indies.
"I will give him (Tendulkar) a track which he will enjoy. It'll be a good pitch," Mukherjee said.
Mukherjee is known to have a mind of his own and even when the Indian team had requested for a turner against England during the third Test, he provided a firm wicket and also stated that the request for a rank-turner was against the spirit of the game. However, in Tendulkar's case Mukherjee seems more accommodating. "We all want to see him retire on a high. A full house is expected and I will do my bit to ensure that the fans get their money's worth," he added.
Anticipating such favours, former Australian all-rounder Tom Moody had a posted a tweet moments after the BCCI confirmed the dates and venues for the Tests and ODIs against the West Indies. It read: "No surprise...@sachin_rt 199th Test at Kolkata & 200th at Wankhede. Ground staff will have the mowers out with the heavy roller! #Roads."
Mumbai Cricket Association too have special plans for the big occasion and is ensuring to arrange everything Tendulkar wants for his 200th and final Test.
* A PAINTING is what Sachin Tendulkar wants as his farewell gift. MCA will send an artist to his home on Tuesday, and the batsman will choose what kind of portrait he wants
* SACHIN TENDULKAR GYMKHANA will be the new name for MCA's Kandivali Club at Mahaveer Nagar
* SACHIN'S CUTOUTS from his early days till date will be placed in and around the Wankhede for the 200th Test
* TICKETS will cost at least Rs 250 per day; five-day passes will cost Rs 1,000
* TENDULKAR'S PHOTO and his 51 Test century scores will be on