Express Exclusive: Chhattisgarh govt pays for all TV news that is fit to buy
1. Two-minute special package: Sahara Samay will show the package 15 times a day during news bulletins. It will contain “CM’s speeches, government policies, and special news related to various departments.” Cost: Rs 3.28 crore per year at Rs 3,000 per minute.
2. Live telecast of CM’s public meetings: “Whenever the chief minister makes a visit or addresses any meeting anywhere in the state, Sahara Samay will deploy its OB (Outdoor Broadcast) van and telecast the programme live for 10 minutes.” Cost: Rs 48 lakh per year for four broadcasts every month costing Rs 1 lakh each.
3. Ticker: People will be made aware of various government schemes for 10 hours a day, five of those hours during prime time. Cost: Rs 60 lakh per year.
4. Special package: “The channel will do a half-hour story on government schemes that have made a mark nationally, and how well Central schemes are being implemented in Chhattisgarh, and telecast it on its national, NCR and MP-Chhattisgarh channels. Schemes of the honourable CM will be presented in a better manner on the channel.” Cost: Rs 50 lakh per year for two programmes a month.
5. Side panel: “It’s a strip that will be displayed on 30 per cent of the screen and will carry a beautiful picture of CM Raman Singh with children and nice slogans.” Cost: Rs 14.6 lakh per