- Sepp Blatter recommends time-penalties to stop 'diving'Review Sennheiser CX275s: This earphone shows how to keep out noise without noise cancellingBlackBerry sues 'American Idol' host Ryan Seacrest's start-up over iPhone keyboardDid you see that? Best videos making the rounds this week
If you're looking to see the most popular videos of the week, look no further. We've sifted through the top most trending YouTube postings, and culled the five that we think give the best slice of the web last week.
1. Using Sound To Levitate Objects
Researchers in Tokyo have put a new twist on the use of sound to suspend objects in air. They've used ultrasonic standing waves to trap pieces of wood, metal, and water – and even move them around.
2. FIFA World Cup Drama
Embedded above is the nearly two-minute video that will give football fans goose bumps until the greatest event in sports kicks off June 12. It captures the collective imagination of sports fans around the globe.
3. Plane lands on highway in Madhya Pradesh
Surprising onlookers, a four-seater private plane owned by industrialist Sam Verma made an emergency landing on highway at Betul in Madhya Pradesh on Tuesday.
4. Giant rubber duck explodes in Taiwan
The giant rubber duck that sailed into harbors around the world exploded during a visit to Taiwan just hours before it was to feature in New Year's Eve celebrations.
5. Dubai, Burj Khalifa Fireworks New Year 2014
The Gulf city used the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest tower, as a launch pad during the explosive extravaganza at New Year's Eve. The blast-off of 500,000 fireworks set a Guinness World Record for the largest display ever.