Cops probe involvement of actor Boman Irani's son Danesh in QNet scam

Jan 08 2014, 00:17 IST
Comments 0
Mumbai Police is probing the alleged role of actor Boman Irani's son Danesh in the Rs 425-crore scam allegedly spearheaded by a multi-level marketing firm QNet. Reuters Mumbai Police is probing the alleged role of actor Boman Irani's son Danesh in the Rs 425-crore scam allegedly spearheaded by a multi-level marketing firm QNet. Reuters
SummaryThe complainant alleged that Danesh promoted and propagated the scheme along with Boman Irani.

Mumbai Police is probing the alleged role of actor Boman Irani's son in the Rs 425-crore scam allegedly spearheaded by a multi-level marketing firm QNet, in which he earned a "substantial amount of money", a senior police official said today.

Complainant Gurupreet Singh Anand, who had filed an FIR against the QNet in August last year, today approached the probing agency, Mumbai Police's Economic Offences Wing (EOW), with a two-page complaint giving the details of alleged links of Danesh, the son of Bollywood actor Boman Irani, with the scheme.

In the written complaint, he alleged that Danesh promoted and propagated the scheme along with his father Boman, though according to police the actor is not the member in the scheme.

"Boman Irani has no role in the QNet case. His son Danesh earned a substantial amount of money through QNet and we are probing his role," Additional Police Commissioner (EOW) Rajvardhan Sinha told PTI.

Police is now seeking the bank account details of Danesh.

Gurupreet has alleged that Boman Irani and former world billiards champion Michael had participated in the promotional events.

"As the people like Boman and Michael were involved with the QNet, many people got attracted to the scheme. Hence, they should also be prosecuted in the case and this is the reason why I wanted to expose them," Gurupreet told PTI.

He claimed he had shared Danesh Irani's QNet membership details with the investigators and his account had shown that he carried out Rs 18 crore worth transactions and because of which he received substantial amount of commission.

The EOW has already issued a look out notice against Ferreira (75), QNET founder Vijay Eswaran and his three business associates after they did not turn up for questioning despite the summons served to them.

Ads by Google
Reader´s Comments
| Post a Comment
Please Wait while comments are loading...