- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal sets 48 hour do-gooder deadline for himselfArvind Kejriwal wishes Delhi happy new year, orders 50 pct power subsidy, set to crack down on discomsArvind Kejriwal hijacked Anna Hazare's movement to grab Delhi Chief Minister's chair: RamdevArvind Kejriwal-led AAP govt to issue 15,000 autorickshaw permits under SC/ST category
From today, we bring to you the best stories from the Indian Express city editions across the country.
1. 48-HOUR GOVERNMENT: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday called his minority AAP government a "48-hour" government. "It is not we who are fearful, I am only letting you know what I have been hearing. For 48 hours, we will serve the 'janta'," Kejriwal said. But even as the chief minister called his government a short-term one, his Cabinet ministers went about their work as usual.
Ours a 48-hour government, says Kejriwal before trust vote by Pragya Kaushika
2. RAPE VICTIM DIES: A 16-year-old girl, who was gangraped twice in a day around two months ago at Madhyamgram in North 24-Parganas district of West Bengal and had attempted suicide on December 23, succumbed to her injuries at a hospital here Tuesday. The victim was admitted to the RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata with 70 per cent burn injuries after she attempted self-immolation in her house near Dum Dum.
Minor who was gangraped twice dies — a week after suicide bid by Express News Service
3. RESTORING THE LOST GLORY:2014 brings great news with it for the Framji Dadabhoy Alpaiwalla Museum, the city's only community museum dedicated to Parsi artefacts. In a three-phase plan, the museum, which has come under disrepair over the years, will be restored to more than its former glory.
A touch of modernity for only Parsi museum by Kevin Lobo
4. REPEAT OFFENDER: This Delhi rider, in a span of four months, has committed 144 violations — a record of all the violations is stored in the e-challan system. But the violator remains untraceable as he has a temporary registration number plate.
Top traffic offender: A scooter with 144 violations in 4 months by Ananya Bhardwaj
5. LONG WAIT FOR KIN OF TRAIN TRAGEDY VICTIMS: Family members and friends of the 26 victims of a fire that occurred on the Bangalore Nanded Express early on Saturday morning were subjected to a long wait for identification of the bodies of their kin as authorities in Ananthapur and Bangalore tried to ensure that the charred and disfigured bodies were handed to relatives by following proper procedures including DNA identification.
Kin of victims face agonising wait over identifying bodies by Santosh Kumar R B