CERC passes order on Sasan UMPP of Reliance Power

Aug 10 2014, 00:28 IST
Comments 0
Reliance Power's 3,960 mw Sasan project in Madhya Pradesh could not achieve its 'full load' in March 2013. Reliance Power's 3,960 mw Sasan project in Madhya Pradesh could not achieve its 'full load' in March 2013.
SummaryElectricity regulator CERC has said the first 660 MW unit of Reliance Power's 3,960 mw Sasan project...

Electricity regulator CERC has said the first 660 MW unit of Reliance Power's 3,960 mw Sasan project in Madhya Pradesh could not achieve its "full load" in March 2013 and rejected its plea to appoint an independent technical panel to look into the readiness of that unit.

"We do not find any requirement to constitute a committee as suggested by the petitioner in view of our finding that the unit-3 (first unit of the Sasan project) of the generating station was unable to achieve its full load on March 31, 2013," the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission said in an order.

The latest order follows another CERC directive passed in June last year, which was challenged by Reliance Power in the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (Aptel). The tribunal then directed the regulator to pass a fresh order on the matter. "The COD (commissioning date) declaration on the basis of the certificate of independent engineer issued on March 30, 2013, was not as per the provisions of the power purchase agreement (PPA)," CERC said in its order dated August 8 on the matter relating to commissioning of Sasan project's first unit.

A Reliance spokesperson said: "Reliance Power is examining CERC's order on WRLDC's petition and would take legal steps, including filing an appeal in Aptel."

The regulator took up the matter on a petition filed by the Western Regional Load Despatch Centre, part of the state-owned Power Grid Corp.

As per provisions in the PPA, commissioning date cannot be declared unless the results of the performance test show that the unit tested capacity is not less than 95% of its contracted capacity as existing on the effective date.

ACB hits out at Reliance, Moily

In an affidavit filed before the Delhi High Court, Delhi government’s Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has hit back at Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries, former petroleum minister Veerappa Moily and two others in connection with an FIR alleging they had conspired to inflate gas prices. Calling the price hike as “a modern-day conspiracy”, it has argued that it is not acting against “officials or ministers of the central government per se, but is essentially investigating the allegations made in the complaint, that is, the conspiracy." Terming the argument raised by Reliance that ACB can’t probe the matter due to lack of jurisdiction as “absurd”, the ACB called on the court to dismiss the company's contention, adding that even in the past the ACB had investigated matters

Single Page Format
Ads by Google
Reader´s Comments
| Post a Comment
Please Wait while comments are loading...