Caveats and limitations
* Every attempt has been made to make all figures comparable and compatible with our definitions. All the related data are taken from the respective consolidated and standalone balance sheets only.
* Eleven companies changed their accounting period during 2009-10. They are 3M India, Essel Propack, Eicher Motors, Garden Silk Mills, Ispat Industries, Jindal Saw , JK Tyres & Industries, Mphasis, Sakthi Sugars, Sujana Towers and Wockhardt.
* Wherever accounting periods have been less or more than 12 months, sales, operating profit, gross profits, PBT, PAT, and retained profit figures have been annualised. The only exception from this general rule is net worth and assets.
* Some big companies could not be included in the study because balance sheets and profit and loss accounts were not available for two years. These companies are: Lakshmi Energy & Foods, Dishman Pharma, NIIT Tech, Mahindra Satyam, Hinduja Global, D B Realty and Core Projects.
* Some companies changed their names during the year. These are, with the new names in brackets: Coromandel Fertilisers (Coromandel International), Welspun Guj.Stahl Rohern (Welspun Corporation), Dalmia Cement Bharat (Dalmia Bharat Sugar and Industries), Dhunseri Tea & Industries (Dhunseri Petrochem & Tea
Be the first to comment.