CAB to push for barring Srini from ICC

Apr 29 2014, 15:08 IST
Comments 0
SummaryThe secretary of the Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB), the petitioner in the Indian Premier League case, will through his legal representative raise the issue of N Srinivasan representing the Indian cricket board at the International Cricket Council at the Supreme Court hearing scheduled for Tuesday.

The secretary of the Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB), the petitioner in the Indian Premier League case, will through his legal representative raise the issue of N Srinivasan representing the Indian cricket board at the International Cricket Council at the Supreme Court hearing scheduled for Tuesday.

In March, the supreme court has asked Srinivasan to step aside as BCCI president but it refrained from passing any order about him attending ICC meetings. Srinivasan attended ICC’s executive board meeting in Dubai earlier this month.

In a statement issued on Monday, Verma said, “The presence of Mr. Srinivasan in ICC would only increase the chance of the ICC not being part of a fair probe. Srinivasan should not be allowed to be the BCCI representative in the ICC.”

Verma also asked the BCCI to make clear weather or not Srinivasan will attend ICC meetings. “Clear your stand because nobody is bigger than an institution like BCCI,” Verma added.

The CAB secretary also asked how Srinivasan could attend ICC meetings when he was barred from the BCCI. On April 16, the Supreme Court had disallowed Srinivasan’s request to be reinstated as BCCI president. The court also said that Srinivasan was one of the 13 named in the sealed envelop by the IPL probe committee into alleged spot-fixing and betting.

A bench of Justices A K Patnaik and F M I Kalifulla disclosed in court that the confidential report by the Mudgal panel had noted serious charges and “incriminating material” against Srinivasan and 12 others.

“The allegations in the sealed cover report require verification and investigation. There is nothing personal against Srinivasan. There are 12 others involved and his name is the last on the list...Having come to know of all this, we cannot close our eyes...,” the bench said.

TAGS:
Ads by Google

More from Sports

Reader´s Comments
| Post a Comment
Please Wait while comments are loading...