Budget 2013 Live: Chidambaram says no review of Income Tax slabs for this year
* Many manufacturing projects stalled due to regulatory process: FM.
* A company investing Rs 100 crore or more in plant and machinery in April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2015 will be allowed 15 per cent investment deduction allowance apart from depreciation.
* To provide appropriate incentives for semiconductors industry including zero customs duty on plants and machineries.
* Rajiv Gandhi Equity Scheme will be liberalised to allow first time investor to invest in Mutal Fund and equity.
* First housing loan up to Rs 25 lakh would get additional deduction of interest of up to Rs 1 lakh in 2013-14, says FM
* Govt to construct power transmission system from Srinagar to Leh at the cost of Rs 1,840 crore, Rs 226 crore provided in current Budget: FM
* We have brought down headline WPI inflation to 7 per cent and core inflation to 4.2 per cent. Food inflation is worrying: FM
* Rs 7 lakh crore target fixed for agri credit for 2013-14 compared to Rs 5.75 lakh crore in the current year.
* Eastern Indian states to get Rs 1,000 crore allocation for improving agricultural production.
* Rs 500 crore allocated for programme on crop diversification.
* Green revolution in east India significant. Rice output increased in Assam, Odisha, Jharkhand and West Bengal; Rs 1,000 crore allocated for eastern states.
* Rs 5,387 crore to be allocated for integrated watershed programme for farmers in 2013-14, an increase from Rs 3,050 crore in the current fiscal.
* Indian Institute of Biotechnology will be set