Budget 2013 Live: Chidambaram says no review of Income Tax slabs for this year
* Policy on exploration of shale gas on the anvil; natural gas pricing policy will be reviewed and uncertainty removed: FM.
* Coal imports during Apr-Dec 2012 crossed 100 million tonnes and expected to go up to 185 million tonnes in 2016-17, says FM.
* 5 million tons Dabhol LNG import terminal to be operate at full capacity in 2013-14.
* FM asks state governments to prepare financial restructuring plan for power distribution companies at the earliest.
* SIDBI's re-financing facility to MSMEs to be doubled to Rs 10,000 crore, says FM
* Incubators set up by companies in academic institutions will qualify for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities, says FM
* Rs 500 crore would be allocated for addressing environmental issues faced by textile industry: FM
* Concessional six per cent interest on loans to weavers.
* Average economic growth rate in 11th Plan period is 8 per cent, highest ever in any Plan period: FM
* Economic space constrains due to high fiscal deficit, lower savings and investment and tight monetary policy: FM
* Current account deficit continues to be high due to excessive dependence on oil, coal and gold imports and slowdown in exports.
* India does not have choice between welcoming and spurning foreign investment; it is an imperative: Chidambaram
* Battle against inflation must be fought at all fronts: FM
* Faced with huge fiscal deficit, I have no choice but to rationalise expenditure: FM
* Government has decided to constitute a regulatory authority for the