BSE Sensex up over 106 pts, NSE Nifty rises too, Future Group's Kishore Biyani eyed over Spykar
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rose 0.21 percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan rose 0.7 percent.
* Asian shares edged higher on Wednesday, buoyed by rising global equities overnight on an improving global economic outlook, while the yen resumed its decline.
* US stocks rose on Tuesday as this year's ongoing surge in merger activity suggested investors were still finding value in the market even as indexes closed in on all-time highs.
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* Finance minister P. Chidambaram may stick to the initial budget estimates of fiscal deficit at 5.1% for 2012/14 from the revised target of 5.3 percent, a top official said.
* Data analytics company Mu Sigma has raised money from a unit of MasterCard Inc, The Economic Times reported citing founder Dhiraj Rajaram, in a deal that values it at more than $1 billion (54 billion rupees).
* The government is considering capping its subsidy on diesel at 6 rupees per litre in 2013-14 to insulate itself from volatility in global crude oil prices, said a government official privy to the development.
* Reliance Industries Ltd and BP plan joint investment of more than $5 billion over the next three to five years to boost declining output at a key natural gas field
Be the first to comment.