Sensex down 17 pts, Nifty by nine today with ITC, Bharti Airtel shares top losers
* ITC falls 1.6 percent on profit-taking, while banking stocks such as ICICI Bank fell on continued concerns on India's economic growth after government estimates on Friday showed India's FY13 growth could be worse than expected.
* Traders say chances of a relief rally look bright as India's benchmark index fell for a seventh day to mark its biggest losing streak since November, 2011, on Friday.
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange fell 0.05 percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan was down 0.1 percent.
* With the Lunar New Year holiday shutting most Asian financial centres, including those in Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and South Korea, trading was light and potentially volatile on those exchanges that remained open.
* The Nasdaq composite stock index closed at a 12-year high and the S&P 500 index at a five-year high, boosted by gains in technology shares and stronger overseas
FACTORS TO WATCH
* MCX-SX stock exchange launches equities trading. * Earnings from Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd, Tata Power Co Ltd
* India's January trade data (0630 GMT)
* India January auto sales (0630 GMT)
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* India's economy is likely to grow at 5.5 percent or slightly more in the current fiscal year ending next month, and the central statistical organisation is likely to revise figures in its final estimates, a finance ministry statement said on Friday.
* The Indian government will not go in
Be the first to comment.